BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Just the thought of His name...its where I find peace.




"Dear Lord...thank you for my blessings, Thank you for my salvation and even more for the salvation of my precious family. There is no greater blessing than knowing my husband, and boys and I will all be together for eternity. Thank you for everything you have given us on a daily basis, for putting up with my drama and my crazy, for loving me as your child even when I may treat you like a parent I'm trying desperately to rebel against. Thank you for my church and church family, for the hedge of protection you have around my household, and for my healthy children."

This is how I start my prayers at night...Trust me, after that comes a long list of Lord, please do this or give us this, or allow this...He deserves my praise just for putting up with me and being willing to listen to me whenever I call out His name.
The point of this post...Peace in my prayers...I have a severe problem with getting to sleep...unless I'm just to the point of passing out exhaustion, I can not go straight to sleep when I get to bed. Between pain and tingling from my fibromyalgia and a mind that never rests, because I'm honestly afraid I will miss some amazing precious moment in this short life, I have had many many sleepless nights. However, in the last couple of years, I have found rest in the name of Jesus. Not just saying His name, but praying in His name...I don't know what it is about prayer and talking to God, but it just gives me peace and sometimes I pass out in the middle of prayer. Maybe cause I talk to much, but I really think its from the peace I find there. I can not go to sleep without praying. Not that I ever should, but you know, you get busy, your mind wanders, and sometimes I forget. I literally toss and turn until it hits me...I haven't prayed. Sometimes it doesn't hit me till I've tossed around a good several hours...I've seen 3 & 4am before. But, As soon as I do...I'm out like a light! Like I said, sometimes I don't even get to finish. All I can say is its like God is saying, "Ok Jill, I was just waiting for you, now get some rest, my child." I love Him for that...My Big Daddy! He gives me love, He gives me heavenly hugs in times of sorrow and despair; and on sleepless nights, He gives me rest. If I'm not focusing on Him, I'm just hurting myself. I urge you, if you are restless and sleepless like I have been soooo much of my life, start talking to God. Even if it doesn't cause you to pass out, it can only bless you! You won't feel lonely and I guarantee you will gain more peace in your life. We all need that don't we? Especially in this world full of evil and fear. Your Father loves you...He wants to hear from you! He will give you rest...all that are weary and heavy laden. That's what He does.

This song isn't necessarily about praying before bed...but its a song of peace for me. The video is old, and the song is too...but this has to be my most favorite version of it ever. I feel such peace when I close my eyes and listen to this song. I hope you do to. It is well...with my soul.

0 comments: