BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Let Everything That Has Breath Praise The Lord...




I haven't been here in a while, as you can see. Life gets in the way, busy and overwhelmed, The Outlet didn't remain a priority. But I need this 'Outlet'...my heart needs it. So I am back and committed to coming here to spill my heart again.

As you can probably tell by the whole outline of my Blogspot, music speaks to me. It is a great 'Outlet' for me, for my emotions, my struggles, my stresses, and my praise. Music of all kinds...I've had some of my most spiritual gut wrenching moments listening to a song that from its writer really didn't have anything to do with spiritual things. But its all in how we 'hear' it personally. Today's blog is dedicated to Praise music, and praising the Lord. This is something I've really been focusing on during my personal music time lately.

What is praise? How do we praise?

Part of Speech: noun
Definition: congratulations; ADORATION
Synonyms: acclaim, acclamation, ACCOLADE, APPLAUSE, APPRECIATION, approbation, approval, big hand, boost, bravo, celebration, cheer, cheering, citation, commendation, compliment, cry, DEVOTION, encomium, esteem, eulogy, exaltation, extolment, flattery, glorification, GLORY, good word, homage, hurrah, hymn, kudos*, laudation, obeisance, ovation, panegyric, pat on the back, plaudit, puff, rave, recognition, recommendation, regard, sycophancy, THANKS, tribute, worship

The dictionary has praise listed as a noun...Now its time to make it a verb. Make it something I DO...to the one who deserves all our glorification.

And especially today, 9/11, praising the Lord is something I need. I know in that day, many found God, but many also turned farther from Him, asking Where was God in such a horrible tragedy. He was as much there as He is here with us today. He was there guiding Airplane passengers, giving them the courage to fight back and prevent another HUGE catastrophe, He was there in the towers, making heroes and giving comfort. He was there in the hours after as many searched for loved ones and answers, He was there with our nation's leader, giving him the words to say to a broken country and the initiative to fight evil. He was there. This world is full of sin and evil...that isn't God's fault. God gave us a beautiful, perfect, sinless world...WE, MAN screwed up. God is no less deserving of our praise just because we couldn't get it right. So today, I lift Him up in praise. For the moments I feel His presence in my life, for the times I thought I was alone, only to suddenly feel His Big Daddy arms wrapped around me, whispering that it would all be ok, to the times that my life is going smooth and fabulous and I know it isn't because of anything I have done, but all His blessing.

I lift Him up for the praise He deserves...He woke me up this morning, He gave me the gift of love, My husband, my children, my family, my friends...without Him I have none of these. And even if I didn't have these, guess what I would still have? HIM! God, my Father, My Savior, My breath...

Romans 14:11
"For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God."

Here is my Praise song for the day...its an awesome song to just close your eyes to.


0 comments: