BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 26, 2010

Apparantly I don't listen well the first time...




You ever get that nagging feeling from your parents growing up when they kept telling you the same thing over and over? Do you know why they did that? Cause they know you so well and they know the first time won't cut it. You will forget, or not listen at all, or not fully grasp it.
Well our heavenly Father repeats things for us too. Not to nag us, but to help us 'GET IT'. This seems to be happening alot for me lately. I guess Im pretty hard headed. I know, you gasping in shock, right? Yesterday Dave's lesson was on Deborah, how God called a woman to do a huge job because there wasn't a man willing to step up. He talked about how we aren't called because we are already equipped, but that God equips the called. It was such a good lesson as his teaching always is. But I took it with me and I thought about it for a while and I said to myself, yes I know...ok, on to the next thing. I do that alot, I shove things that I know are being thrown right in my face way back to the back of my mental closet. However, God has been rearranging in my closet and He brought that lesson back to me this morning in my email. I get devotions from Proverbs 31 Ministries. And what was it talking about? Uh huh...you got it.
Lately I've been feeling very unequipped for our trip to Africa. And at times I've even thought its not possible that we are ever gonna get there. There are so many factors. I'm not yet equipped for this task. I know people that have been able to raise money for mission trips in a few weeks time, yet here we are a year and a half later and not even at 50%. There are alot of other factors too. But is that how God works? Does He just call the 'equipped'? No. He WILL equip me because He called me. It goes back to another lesson I keep having to relearn...patience. You've been there before with me, I know. I have to remember not only that He will equip me, but that He will do it in HIS time. I'm hearing you Lord. Thank you for rearranging my closet. I love you, Father.

0 comments: