BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 19, 2010

Patience...who needs it?!




So I was looking for a heartsong to go with the thoughts in my mind and on my heart today, dealing with having patience...WAITING on the Lord. Seems patience is not a popular subject for songs. We don't like having to have patience. 'I want this and I want it now!'- seems to be the theme for mankind these days. Trust me, Im not one for being a fan of having to be patient myself. I try, I sincerely do. And I think in alot of ways I've succeeded. I waited 4 years to finally be in the same state as the man I love. It was a constant struggle to be patient, but the Lord has truly blessed our marriage because of it. I honestly don't know many people as disgustingly happy and in love as we are and I wish that everyone could have that!
Recently God has been moving in our lives in huge ways! Heavy HEAVY burdens from the past have been lifted and essentially thrown out the window! Praise God for His goodness! For finding us faithful and worthy enough! These lifted burdens have opened doors. But instead of taking my time to walk thru each door with patience and guidance and in the way God would have me to, I've been trying to run thru each door as fast as possible! In my mind I thought, God has brought us this far...He wouldn't dangle the prize in front of us just to take it away or hold onto it and keep it from our grasp longer! In my heart, I know that is not how God works. He isn't dangling the shiny in front of us, He's merely saying..."Jill, Just wait! Its coming! I promise!" Every word I heard spoken and preached from the Bible yesterday was like it was being blasted directly at me. It was like God was in the room with his hands on my shoulders shaking me saying "Jill, Are you listening to me yet???" From Dave's lesson in our SS class on Gideon and faith, to our guest speaker Bro. Moody last nite about Easy Doesn't Do It...I had to sit there and say, Ok God, I get it. I hear you! In the words of Bro. Moody, If you want the blessings of God, You have to do it HIS way! We need the power of God in what we are doing! I want to be like Obededom with my house full of God's blessings because I had patience and faithfulness and did it HIS WAY!

I heard you loud and clear Father! Thank you, for your unending love, I will wait upon you, Lord!

Here is a song that even though its not necessarily about patience in its subject, it is about following Him and walking with Him. Really that's all we have to do to find patience.


0 comments: