BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 5, 2010

How Great is Our God?




"Count your blessings, name them one by one...count your blessings see what God hath done!"

An old hymn with so much wisdom! I've recently been feeling really quite awesome. Its been truthfully the best feeling 3 weeks in about 2 years. I've dealt with alot of medical problems the last couple years and as I blogged before, I started to let it take over my life. I've struggled for a few months to let go of all the anxiety and just deal with the pain. So I started praying. I started out praying just for others...If anyone requested prayer for ANYTHING, whether thru a phone call, church, facebook, even if I didnt know them, I made their prayer request my priority right in THAT EXACT moment. I didn't just jot it down for later prayer time or just try to remember, I stopped what I was doing and prayed sincerely for them right then, no matter what was going on. It made me feel better to put others in front of myself. Well, I got in a bit of a spiritual rut after a while. I still was praying for others, but I was thinking to myself, what about me? I'm leaving me out of my prayers! I was spending every nite thanking God for the blessings He has already given me, praying for my family, friends, etc...but I didn't ask Him to take care of me. Why on earth would I do that? So I started praying sincerely to the Lord to heal my body and make me whole again, heal me so I can be better used by Him, a better wife and mother to my family...and just so I could finally rid myself of the health anxieties I was having. I spent every nite before going to sleep just talking to God in my bed. I thanked Him for EVERYTHING that had been in my day. Even when my kids were being super rotten, I thanked Him that they were healthy enough to be rotten! =) I've been given so much, and I know He will give me this too! How could I not have faith in that? My faith was restored...and now I'm soooo sure that God is in control and has my best interest at heart! I BELIEVE He is healing me and I give Him all the glory for it! Come to think of it, more wonderful blessings keep happening now that I'm taking time to count! God is so cool...Counting my blessings has only poured more blessings over me and my family! I urge you to make a list...whether in your head or on paper, atleast once a day of 3 blessings God has given you that day. See how He multiplies it!

Here's a little heartsong for today...take some time to focus on the splendor of OUR KING!

2 comments:

JOHN MILLS said...

Amen to that. I started counting my blessings the other night and got up to 112, and I was only on the D's...

Warren Baldwin said...

Linked here from "Where I Sit." I liked this post b/c when I was a kid we used to sing "Count Your Many Blessings" a lot in church. But, it has been years since I've sung it. I may change that and lead it tomorrow morning.

Good post. Good blog.

wb